RICHARD DALY was born in 1857. He was living in Camden by 1890, as the City Directory for 1890-1891 show him living at and working as a bartender in John McCormick's Saloon at 213 Market Street. McCormick was also a fish warden, and was listed as a Deputy U.S. Marshall in the 1887-1888 Directory.
In later years Richard Daly owned and operated a saloon at 225 North 9th Street in Camden until his death on August 10, 1908. He was buried at Calvary Cemetery in what was then Delaware Township NJ.
By 1918 the bar was being run by Charles Wedemeyer, who was the proprietor to at least 1921. Herbert V. Deckert is listed in the 1940, 1943, and 1947 Camden City Directories. By 1956 the bar was known as Terry's Cafe, and it went by this name through at least 1966.
RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE