1872 Camden City Directory shows the David Sparks and the
Arrisons living at 515 Benson Street. By 1878 William H. Arrison
had learned his trade and had opened a tobacco shop at 443 South
5th Street. He was still living with his mother, who had
remarried. the 1878 Directory shows his residence as 569 Berkley
Street. The 1879 Directory and 1880 Census show him 570 Berkley
during the 1880s and 1890s show William Arrison moving around
South Camden and working in the cigar trade. The 1883 Directory
show William H. Arrison at 588 Clinton
Street. The 1885 edition states that he was living in
Philadelphia, but coming back to Camden to work for George Grant
and his brother William Grant, who had a saloon and a cigar
factory on Market Street. The Directories from 1887 through 1894
indicate William H. Arrison lived and did business at 1642 Ferry
Avenue. 1895 and 1896 Directories show William H. Arrison in
business at 929 Broadway.
1898 William H. Arrison had opened a cigar store at 701 Clinton
Street, which he operated until December of 1930 when he
retired and moved to West Palm Beach, Florida to live with his
daughter Mary and her husband, Charles Ketcham.
H. Arrison married Mary J. Hazleton. On September 20, 1890 in
Camden a daughter, Mary S. Arrison was born.