The Courier-Post ran a series of articles and photographs about activities to educate the public during Fire Prevention Week in October of 1936.
Also in the newspaper that month was a series of articles by reporter Frank Sheridan chronicling the history of fire fighting in Camden from 1810 through 1936. It was the first complete history of the fire department written since 1886 and linked the old volunteers with the then new paid motorized department/ It was published in conjunction with Fire Prevention Week, which was sponsored by the Camden County Fire Chiefs Association and the Camden Fire Department.
|CAMDEN COURIER-POST - OCTOBER 3, 1936|
City Commissioner Mary W. Kobus, recovering at her home from an accidental fall in July, is shown signing the Fire Prevention Week proclamation of the Camden County Fire Chiefs Association, with Battalion Chief Charles Erickson, of the city fire department looking on. The above is the first newspaper picture of Mrs. Kobus since the accident.
|Click on Image to Enlarge|
RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE