CAMDEN, NEW JERSEY
DuBELL LUMBER COMPANY
18th & Federal Streets
William C. DuBell moved from Northampton Township in Burlington County to Camden at some point between 1880 and 1887. Once in Camden he found work as a teamster for the Volney Bennett Lumber Company. His son, Charles G. DuBell followed him into the lumber business. In 1922 William, Charles, and grandson Lester went into business for themselves, founding the DuBell Lumber Company at 18th and Federal Street in East Camden.
DuBell Lumber was a fixture on Federal Street for many years. After a brief association with the DiMedio Lime Company in the late 1970s, DuBell Lumber moved out of Camden. Still in business in 2004, the DuBell Lumber Company is now headquartered in Medford NJ.
Camden Courier-Post - October 22, 1931
CONCERN SEES GAIN IN ORDERS
With cold weather just around the corner, one Camden concern anticipates a rush of orders soon for storm sash and insulating board.
With a steadily increasing number of householders becoming acquainted with the merits of storm sash in keeping out cold drafts and consequently cutting down coal bills, the company has shown a steady gain in orders the last few years.
Because it has been convincingly demonstrated that there is a big heat loss through the roof and side walls of even a well constructed building, if the roof and walls are not insulated, the DuBell Lumber Co. also is distributor in Camden and vicinity for Masonite, a board made from fibre.
By the use of Masonite insulation in the roof and side walls, it is possible to eliminate a large part of this heat loss, so that fuel costs in many cases, may be reduced from 25 to 40 percent.
One factor which has helped bring business to the DuBell Co. is its small order department. By maintaining a special service for those who need only a small quantity of lumber, the firm has added scores of new accounts to its books.
Six big sheds house the firm's stock, in the yards at Eighteenth and Federal Streets. All kinds of inside millwork, as well as lumber for outside purposes is handled by the company.
|Camden Courier-Post * June 1, 1932|
RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE