CAMDEN, NEW JERSEY
1800 Fillmore Street
(Southeast Corner of Ferry Avenue & Fillmore Street)
Alexander Shusko operated a tavern at 1800 Fillmore Street in Camden NJ in the late 1940s. By 1959 the bar was bar called Steve's Tavern, after its owner, Steve Raczykowski, son of Camden businessman Vincent Raczykowski. He and wife Violet operated the bar under that name through 1979. The 1980 New Jersey Bell Telephone Directory list's the building as the Sanchez Bar. By the 1990s the building had been converted into a private residence. It remained as such until the summer of 2003, when a fire forced its residents out.
RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE