stated above, George Kelley was appointed to the Camden Fire
Department in November of 1877. He lived at 219 Royden
Street during his time with the Fire Department.
1879-1880 City Directory lists George Kelley at 333 Hamilton
Street, and that he was then a member of the Camden Police
Department. Hamilton Street was renamed Berkley Street in 1882.
the time the 1880 Census was taken, George and Emily Kelley had
separated. George Kelly had gone back to work as a house painter,
and was boarding at 430 South
3rd Street. He remained at that address through 1884. When the
1885 City Directory was compiled, George Kelley had moved to 438 South
3rd Street. George Kelley died not long afterwards.
Kelly is listed in Camden City Directories beginning in 1887 as
the widow of George W. Kelley.
W. Kelley was also survived by his son John S. Kelley, who worked
for the railroad as a car cleaner and as a conductor. George W.
Kelley was not related to the John
S. Kelley who served with the Camden Fire Department as an
extra man with Engine Company 1 for two years beginning in April