CAMDEN, NEW JERSEY

CALVARY PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
Southeast Corner of North 2nd & Pearl Streets 

Calvary Presbyterian Church

Southeast Corner of North 2nd & Pearl Streets 

Illustration Published in 1886
Building was then North Baptist Church

The church building at  2nd & Pearl Street was built by the North Baptist Church, which  was organized on November 15, 1859. This building at North 2nd and Pearl Streets was dedicated on February 25, 1865. It was sold to the newly-organized Calvary Presbyterian Church, a split from the old First Presbyterian Church, in the summer of 1895, for $18,000. Calvary Presbyterian Church occupied this site until June of 1924, when the building was acquired for use in the construction of the Delaware River Bridge, later renamed as the Benjamin Franklin Bridge. This building is still in use as a church today.

Philadelphia Inquirer - March 19, 1899


Philadelphia Inquirer - December 2, 1903
Francis Ford Patterson Jr. - Charles Thompson - Market Street
St. Paul's Episcopal Church - Rev. Arthur W. Spooner

Philadelphia Inquirer * November 19, 1912
Charles H. Ellis - Rev. Samuel D. Price - Karl Kellman
Carl F. Kellman - Calvary Presbyterian Church

Click on Image for PDF File of Complete Article

Church Building
at
2nd & Pearl Street

1943

The building was then the home of the Faith Baptist Church.

Click on Image to Enlarge

RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE